The Haitian Diaspora Federation (HDF) is a broad-based alliance of Nonprofit Organizations (NPOs) under one umbrella to amplify the voice of the Haitian Diaspora. In partnership with the international community, the Government of Haiti and other sectors, HDF will focus the Diaspora’s energy and resources on the ongoing relief and the longer term reconstruction efforts to rebuild a stronger, more vibrant and socially just Haiti.
With a mission to mobilize the Haitian Diaspora towards addressing Haiti’s reconstruction needs, and to engage, strengthen capacities of, and share effective practices among stakeholders at every level, HDF shall fulfill this mission by;
- Pooling the Diaspora’s resources –financial and human capital – to assist in the long term reconstruction efforts.
- Leveraging the resources of its international partners and the Government of Haiti (GOH) to ensure our collective efforts have a significant impact on Haiti’s reconstruction.
- Promoting a participatory planning process to ensure that all sectors of Haitian society are represented and that their voices are heard.
- Ensuring that the resources are distributed to the most effective initiatives and allocated to projects that are selected in coordination with GOH and our partners, including those in the public, private and philanthropic sectors.
At this time of great national tragedy, the Haitian Diaspora has resolved to unite its collective voice and resources (financial and human capital) to address the challenges of the reconstruction and the sustainable economic development of Haiti. Under the core principles of unity, transparency, accountability, and responsibility, five organizations have come together to create the Haitian Diaspora Federation. This group includes the following organizations:
- Association des Medecins Haitiens a l’Etranger (AMHE)
- Haitian American Chamber of Commerce of Florida (HACCOF)
- Haitian-American Engineers and Scientists (HAES)
- National Organization for the Advancement of Haitians (NOAH)
- The Haitian League (THL)